March 12, 2009

Hesse Calling

Starting next Tuesday, I'm going to participate in my second geological field trip. All in all, I'm going to stay seventeen days in Northern Hesse, Germany. Actually, I'm talking about two geological field trips but thanks to the time scheduling of my academics I can combine both of them to one big field trip. The first twelve days will be field mapping in the easternmost part of the Sauerland in the northwest of Hesse. The other five days, I will spend on analyzing and drawing stratigraphic profiles in the northeast of Hesse. Even though seventeen days are a very long time for me, I'm looking forward to learn a lot about the geology of this region and field mapping and stratigraphic methods in general. However, during this time I probably won't have access to the Internet so I can't keep you up-to-date but I'm going to shower you with photos when I'm finally back in Berlin.

2 comments:

Lost Geologist said...

Viel Gl├╝ck! :)

Silver Fox said...

Good luck on the field trip!